Sunday 1 February 2009

Several Sketches

Still Life With Melon, 6 x 12 inches (15.24 x 30.48 cm), Acrylic on MDF
2009 Kim Bennett


I have been so busy running errands. It has been a while since I have posted and I will try to make the effort to do better.

A few months a go a local art club gave an assignment to have a go at our own interpretation of a painting by another artist. They were to be submitted for an exhibition. Four artist were given and I decided to try painting a still life by Monet.

As the same painting had been evolved four times with different palettes, I realised some truth in the old saying that it is better to do several sketches than to work towards one large painting.
Photo on left was a work in progress.
These paintings were acrylics on MDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great to hear from you.